Not all waste generated at home is meant for the trash bin. There are specific instances, such as when you have massive amounts of debris, or if items are not allowed in your local dumpsite that you need to consider a different solution.
There are many ways you can dispose of unwanted items and debris found at home. Some of the most common options are:
- Hiring a junk removal service. A convenient solution when you need to remove and dispose of a big pile of household junk is hiring an Orlando Junk Removal Service. Hiring a hauling service gives you access to labor, equipment, and expertise at a fixed rate.
- Dumpster rental. Renting a dumpster is a popular choice for construction projects. The main advantage of a roll-off dumpster is that you can dump debris during the duration of the project and have the hauling company pick it up after the rental period is over.
- Recycling. Appliances and old furniture are trickier to get rid of. Most of the time, you drop these off at recycling facilities or donate them to a local charity.
- Haul junk directly to a local landfill. It is time-consuming and tedious, but you have more control over the process.
How to properly get rid of all types of junk and waste
When it comes to the right way of disposing of all kinds of waste you generate at home, here are our tips:
- General household waste. This category applies to almost everything you ordinarily put in a trash bin. Generally, household waste gets collected by your municipal sanitation department. But for unique situations where you may need to arrange a different hauling solution such as when you are moving out, remodeling, or to address a hoarding problem, the best solution is either hire a junk removal service or rent a dumpster.
- Yard and garden debris. Not every junk hauling company will accept organic waste. As such, you may want to consider composting. If you are dealing with massive waste such as a tree that fell after a storm, a professional junk hauling service can help.
- Old and broken household appliances. You can contact a local recycling facility to pick-up old and broken appliances from your home. Another excellent and affordable solution is to hire a hauling company. If you want to save some money, you may want to consider donating old appliances that are still working.
- Hazardous waste and household chemicals. Dangerous waste and chemicals should not be mixed with general household trash. Most cities have a processing facility for these items. Take time to sort your garbage so that you can drop these materials off at the right place.
- Automobile tires. In most US states, you are not allowed to dump old tires in landfills. What you can do is contact a tire retailer to check if they accept old tires for recycling.
- Electronic waste. Electronics should be stripped of recyclables and heavy metals before disposal. You can bring these items to a recycling facility or hire a junk hauling service instead.
For most of the trash you produce at home, the best solution is either to recycle or hire a garbage removal services. Knowing these proper disposal techniques will not only ensure that you keep your home clean, but also minimize your contribution to the growing garbage problem in the country.
Leave a Reply